Date(s) - Thursday, January 10, 2013 - Wednesday, February 20, 2013
THIS CONTEST IS OVER!
$600.00 in total cash prizes!
$300.00 Best in Show (juried competition)
$300.00 Peoples Choice (online voting right here on Birdhero)
If you have any trouble at all, please feel free to email me, I am happy to help. email@example.com
HERE IS WHAT YOU DO :
- If you are new to Birdhero, the very first step is to register, for free, and sign in on the home page.
- Read the contest instructions and details below.
- See the Paypal button below. You do not have to have your own Paypal account, you may use a credit card. Select your entry type (AOMC member or not) and quantity, then click on the “add to cart” button below. Make note of your receipt number, it will serve as your registration number. If you would like to make multiple entries, you may just pay once for all of them and then use the same receipt number for each.
- Click on “Groups” found at the top of this page
- Click on “A Bird’s Eye View AOMC Photography contest” found on the “Groups” page
- Click join group, by joining the group you will see all of the entries. This is where you will enter yours.
- In the white box, enter your Paypal receipt number and the required information about the photograph: name, camera info, reg. #, category etc.
- Click on the picture of the camera and then click on “upload a file” and select the photo you wish to upload.
- Lastly, click on “add photos”
- Now share on Facebook, Twitter and email! Encourage your friends to vote for you by having them click the “favorite” button under your photo. The contestant with the most “favorite” clicks wins the 300.00 Peoples Choice prize! So get busy on your social media connections!
A Bird’s Eye View
Audubon of Martin County’s
2012 Photography Contest Rules
A Juried Photography Contest
Presented by the Audubon of Martin County.
The Audubon of Martin County is requesting entries for our upcoming photography contest. Winning entries will be displayed at the Bluewater Editions Gallery in Port Salerno. The photographic exhibition will be from February 27, 2013 through March 7, 2013.
Audubon of Martin County has been a leader in environmental awareness since its founding in 1955. Located at our Possum Long headquarters in Stuart, The Audubon of Martin County encourages photographers of all ages to showcase the biological diversity of our great state through the art of photography.
Who May Enter – Eligibility
Anyone! Amateurs and professionals are all welcome to submit entries. There will, however, be separate awards for youth (18 and under) and adult categories.
All submissions must have been taken within the state of Florida from January 1, 2012 through the contest submission deadline of February 10, 2013. Zoo shots are not permitted. Photographs may not be digitally altered or enhanced other than global adjustments to brightness, color correction, and cropping.
Please make sure that you provide us your full name, address, title of photograph, and brief description of picture. Before emailing your submission, you must go to our PayPal account to pay for your submission otherwise your photograph will not be considered in our contest.
Once you have paid your entry fee on our PayPal account, your PayPal receipt number is your entry registration number. This number must be included in your email with your digital submission.
Entry Submission Guidelines
Each participant may submit up to three entries for each category. Contest categories are as follows
v Wilderness Landscapes
v Flora & Fauna
v Cell Phone Photography – If you took a picture that fits into the above categories with your cell phone, we would encourage you to submit it.
v Student Entries – Students 18 years of age or younger will be judged separately in each category with the exception of Best of Show, and Peoples Choice,
Non Cell phone entries may be submitted either digitally, or on print format. Acceptable digital formats are: JPEG. Photographs may be uploaded directly onto our contest website at www.BirdHero.com, hand delivered to our Audubon Headquarters, or mailed.
Non-digital submissions must be no less than 8” X 10” mounted on foam core, and no greater than
11” X 14” mounted on foam core.
Cell phone photographs must be submitted from the cell phone which was used to take the photograph. Submissions may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prizes & Judging
This is a juried competition. Judges will be selected from some of the best photographers in our community. Prizes will be awarded for the wining selections in each category. The People’s Choice Award will be given to the photograph that is selected best of show amongst gallery and visitors to our contest website at www.birdhero.com.
Awards will be given for Judges Best of Show and People’s Choice. Awards will also be given for each category. Category awards will be for First, Second, Third, and one Honorable Mention. Additional prizes will be awarded through the generosity of our corporate sponsors. Student entries will be judged separately for each category with the exception of Best of Show, and People’s Choice.
Important Dates to Remember
Contest Submissions Accepted
January 10, 2013 through February 10, 2013
February 10 – 26, 2013
Gallery Exhibit and Awards Presentation
February 27, 2013 – Bluewater Editions Gallery
Submit your contest entries for a flat fee of $5.00 for members, or $15 for non-members of Audubon of Martin County for each photograph through our PayPal account by selecting the Donate button at www.audubonmartincounty.org
For each submitted photograph, please include:
- The title of the photograph and the contest category for your submission
- Your non-refundable entry fee that has been paid through our PayPal account.
- Your PayPal receipt number – This is also your entry registration number. No entries will be accepted without a registration number showing proof of payment.
Submit VISA and MasterCard payments through PayPal.
If paying through our PayPal account, please make sure that you include the PayPal receipt number with your entries. This is your registration number as doubles as proof of payment for your entry.
Submit Checks to:
“A Birds Eye View” Photography Contest
Audubon of Martin County
621 SE Palm Beach Road
Stuart, FL 34994
Winning entries will be displayed at an exhibit hosted by the Bluewater Editions Gallery. Winning photographers are requested to please provide a photograph print of their winning entry for the exhibition.
Photographers are encouraged to price their work for sale.
A 20% donation benefiting the Audubon of Martin County will be deducted from all sales.
No withdrawals of work will be permitted before the close of the exhibition.
Please label the back of your entry with your name, photograph title, and your suggested price.
Return of Photographs
Photographers wishing to pick up their print entries may do by visiting Audubon of Martin County at our Possum Long headquarters. Entries may be picked up on Saturday March 9, 2013 between the hours of 1 and 4 pm.
All photographs that are selected for our exhibit will be offered for sale to the general public. A 20% donation benefiting the Audubon of Martin County will be deducted from all sales.
Please feel free to email all questions to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention “A Birds Eye View” in the subject line of your emails.
Thank you, and good luck!
Bookings are closed for this event.